Oct 21, 2009

BODY&ART


BODY FLU, Incendi@, 2006„The whole life of those societies in which modern conditions of production prevail presents itself as an immense accumulation of spectacles. All that once was directly lived has become mere representation. The spectacle is not a collection of images; rather, it is a social relationship between people that is mediated by images.“

Guy Debord, Society of Spectacle






My Spectacle
Hristina Vardeva

This is my self-portrait, my spectacle, my experiment on visualization of body and image. I decided to put a mirror in front of myself this time. To visualize the feeling of being deformated, violated and simplified to pure matter. I used a special reflecting surface and made shots from different perspectives with various backgrounds while moving the foil constantly.The images are in this way a mere chance and are not additionally manipulated. The collection was exhibited as series of images that flow into each other to build the whole spetacle. The viewers of the exhibition are playing essential role in the project- as they are the ones who in their everyday lives have to distinguish between reality and illusion.